Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter

I'm not a very religious person but I love holidays. Lots of pagan trappings to this spring right of passage but I don't care. Bunnies, colored eggs and chocolate; who could argue with that?

Been too busy farming to blog lately. Yesterday we put in about 200 mixed cabbage and lettuce plants. Will probably do about 500 more today or tomorrow. Also getting lots more welding experience in while working on the boom'd sprayer and the ripper/drag for soil prep. Just what I need, another alternative occupation should I decide to stop farming.

This is one of the most beautiful Easter mornings that I have seen since I was a kid. The sunlight was slanting in beneath a few eastern clouds with an amazing pastel color highlighting all the flowering trees. A sublime perfume fills the air combining with the other elements of natural beauty to envelope my every sense in wonder.

Have a very happy day.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

I can't quit escape my Christian upbringing. Easter is the most holy of Christian holidays, though you wouldn't know it by popular activities. I don't mind the pagan aspects of the holiday and think that it's a nice harmony of themes (resurrection, rebirth, etc.). But having my father-in-law's death still very fresh and raw has made me especially spiritual this Easter. I hope you had a good holiday. Oh, and we broke the cold record for Easter. Global Warming.. ;-)