Monday, April 02, 2007

Good Monday's work

Today started out frosty which made me fear for the recently transplanted lettuce but they weathered the threat just fine.

Spent the morning and early noon welding on the ripper dad and I are constructing. I really enjoy that welding even though it is a bit uncomfortable of a chore. We're over half done on that job, 2 or 3 more days and we'll be able to try it out.

After lunch dad worked the cornfields at farm#2 while I finished prepping the onion, beet and turnip beds. Would've got the beets in already but that stupid little seeder got jammed and I had to spend the time fixing it. By then the day was just about done, will seed in the morning.

Had a brief jaunt into the library to return my books. All Jackson county libraries will be closing on April 7th for an indefinite period because the federal government refuses to pay its property taxes. Wonder if we can report them to a credit agency? Wendy, one of the many nice ladies at the Rogue River library who will soon be unemployed, told me that many people think it isn't going to actually happen. One lady upon being told they were closing on April 7th said "I've heard the stories..." as if it is some kind of urban legend. And apparently most people in the county think along the same lines. It will be vastly amusing (and distressing) to watch the ripples of domino effect spread from this event. Mark your calendars world, everyone has seen what happens when Bugs Bunny flicks a pebble down the slope of a snowy mountain.

Wishing you all a fine and felicitous day.

No comments: