Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy 2007

Happy New Year my good fellows!

Had a lovely nights sleep after dwindling the evening away until midnight. Many of our amusing redneck neighbors fired guns into the air; to scare away the evil spirit I suppose. Just glad none of the bullets came down on my barn.

The land and sky had a strange, almost ethereal or spooky appearance this morning. Cold, frozen, motionless. Nary a car on the freeway. A falling leaf was all I heard as I scurried into the warm central house to have my coffee.

A new year is laid out before us. Let us all hope and pray and work to make it a great one.

2 comments:

Rae Ann said...

Happy New Year to you too!

Stogie said...

Only the sound of a leaf? Sounds like a wonderful place to live. I envy you my friend.

Happy New Year.