Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Good day of chores

Had a fine day beneath the hanging bed sheet of fog today. Never once saw the top of the mountain but temperatures were cool to moderate and I managed to get some stuff done. Sawed some branches off the yellow delicious apple trees, cut blackberries and pruned grapes in the vineyard. Mom was in town with a couple of routine doctor's appointments so I did the dishes and made supper for her. Dad was driving because of her cataract (the second appointment of the day was pre-op for that ) so I pretty much had the farm to myself. Peaceful.

Spent a little time putting together the components for another experiment. Combining biofeedback with the quantum entanglement of electrons and coherent photons. Should have everything assembled in a couple days. If you haven't read Rudy Rucker's "Master of Space and Time" give yourself a couple good chuckles and a brain cramp if you can get it at the library.

Off to flick through the channels a couple times and then to bed. Have you noticed how totally sucky with advertising TV is getting? I'm thinking seriously of building my own TiVo. Now that multi-gigabyte hard drives are cheap it shouldn't be too difficult. I even saw that a Terabyte drive will be out shortly for less than 400$ what a deal.

Wishing you a warm, dry place to sleep, a full belly, freedom, and peace.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

"Combining biofeedback with the quantum entanglement of electrons and coherent photons"

That sounds really interesting but what is it exactly?

And yes, the TV advertising is really bad usually. I do kind of like some of the Geico ads though. As bad as it sounds, I kind of like their Caveman. LOL