Tuesday, January 09, 2007

911 mysteries

Couldn't sleep last night so I sat up and watched a show called "911 mysteries" which was on one of the public broadcasting channels. I kept an open mind and watched attentively as a whole string of facts and conclusions were laid out for me. When it was over my eyes were really opened.

Opened to how easy it is to employ the same propaganda methods used by Hitler and Stalin. I was reminded again of all the advertising coercion techniques I've read about and the memetic control methods such as cognitive dissonance which play upon how our perceptions are formed.

911 mysteries was definitely just such a piece of propaganda. Numerous statements are presented as "facts" without anything to back them up. Fact: cats can fly. Yeah, if you put them in a catapult first. The most egregious bit of visual programming was when they showed a number of steel columns cut at a diagonal and claimed that the picture was from moments after the collapse of the WTC. According to the filmmakers this was evidence of the use of explosives. Anyone familiar with steel working could tell that those beams had been cut by oxyacetylene torches and left to stand in open air for weeks. I guess when it comes to getting out the "truth" the ends justify the means, especially if it means lying. And that is just one example, I might have let it slide if the entire thing hadn't been put together in exactly the same fashion.

The only mystery behind "911 mysteries" is why the people who made this pointless fabrication aren't laughed off the face of the earth. 911 mysteries is a poorly executed attempt at insulting our intelligence and besmirching the good name of serious workers by grand standing attention hogs who's only excuse is utter and contemptible ignorance. The funniest part to me was the last few frames wherein the makers encourage everyone to "question authority" and not to be afraid as we all find our way through "The Keyhole of 911" Alright, I question the authority of the makers of 911 mysteries; they should all get a job at McDonald's or Wal-Mart instead of faking documentaries.

4 comments:

Guy said...

Yeah, I get offended when someone insults my intelligence, sorry about that. I tried to be open minded, but the show just did such a crappy job of presenting itself...

Keep on a rockin'

Rae Ann said...

Yeah, I'm sure I'd agree with your assessment if I'd seen the show. Why do people even keep bothering with such crap?

Stogie said...

It is amazing how much propaganda shows up in mainstream venues. 9/11 is the conspiracy theory du jour. I'd like to watch that film if only for a good laugh.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.