Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Recovery

Got a minor case of heat stroke yesterday while putting down fertilizer and planting corn. The blazing sun reached out to touch me. But after an early bedtime and a night dreaming of water falls I am feeling much better.

The momma turkey was out with her half grown chicks today. They were mournfully inspecting the mostly dry irrigation ditch. There were still a few puddles so I'm not worried about them yet. Tomorrow is the first day of our watering cycle so all should be well.

Working on getting tomatoes staked this week. They're almost too big already. Some of the fruit is the size of golf balls. Most people don't know that the tomato is actually a berry.

Gotta go plant the next cycle of summer squash.

Happiness.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

Wow, sorry to hear that you got overheated. But glad that you're feeling better now. I have to be more careful in the heat these days, but when I was younger I used to love being out in it.

We're still real dry here so I was watering the little garden, mostly tomatoes. The hose has a leak that made a puddle. I was tickled to see some bluebirds bathing and drinking in the puddle. I wish I could have taken a picture of them.