Saturday, June 23, 2007

Disconsolate Birthday

Had to look that word up to make sure I was using it right: Disconsolate

Work's been a frustrating struggle all morning. Probably not going to get my birthday wish and to thoroughly spoil today's mood my cousin Galen called with news from Kansas that his mom, my mom's sister, Aunt Pauline, passed away this morning. I can do nothing but remember my aunt and pray for her family's comfort.

41 years I've been on this planet and this mess we call life is more confusing than it was when I was 5. If there's a message in this series of events the author is being quite inscrutable.

I wonder where my lady is today. Alone in her universe as I am in mine, is she beset by similar quandaries? Or does the mirror image of our lives move her gracefully towards a fine day of unruffled pursuits? I hope it is the latter.

Wishing you all comfort and success in this momentary struggle.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

I hope your disconsolate mood passed. Sorry to hear about your aunt. My condolences to all of your family. I'll turn 40 in six months exactly. I try to tell myself it's just another number, but man, where did all the time go? I remember when my mom was my age (I was 14) and she seemed so much more grown up than I feel. lol