Thursday, June 14, 2007

Muddy water morning

It's a little after 6 and mom is still sleeping. I'd like to think it was the prayers, but I have a suspicion she took a whole one of her sleeping pills. Either way, good for her.

Mom and dad went to Glendale Sunday and picked up a couple of kittens from my niece, they're rough housing it up in mom's sowing room. That'll give her something to do when she wakes up.

The water is finally starting to trickle back into the ditch. Dad zipped up the road and saw that there were still about 8 houses watering their gravel and weeds. Unfortunately I can't just take my shot-gun and go knocking on their doors to talk to them about it. Hopefully GPID will send someone down to have a word with them. Some of them will shut down before they go to work this morning but no matter how you slice it they are stealing from us.

Well, gotta go get to work. Y'all have a fine morning.

3 comments:

Rae Ann said...

Have you thought about sending out a note to the waterhogs showing that you are actually paying for the water they are wasting? Not that they would care, but it might be worth a try.

Guy said...

I'm afraid that any action I take might immediately precipitate into me just shooting one of those A-holes, so I'm just practicing my mantra and trusting that the laws of the conservation of energy and/or god, dharmic resonance or whatever will sic a very nasty consequence upon them. Everything else is out of my hands.

Rae Ann said...

I really and truly admire your restraint and strength of attitude.