Thursday, October 12, 2006

End of the season homestretch

Work at the produce stand has been going on for so long and at such an intensity for the last little while that I am finding my social skills overtaxed. Some of my interactions with friends and customers have become stilted by the long season of routine and overuse. As a result my timing is off with people and so I'm probably not communicating as well or as smoothly as I was a few weeks back. Can you "pull" a social muscle?

But we finally got the fence up and that is a super nice improvement. Closing today was just a matter of locking the front gate and loading up the perishables to put in the fridge. I'll have a pic of the fence up shortly along with the current pumpkin display. Should look cool. Halloweeny even.

Hope life is treating you all as well occasionally tricking you.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

Yes, I think you can pull a social muscle. My social muscles are of the "fast twitch" kind which means they fatigue quickly. Don't be too hard on yourself, though. I'm sure you're doing just fine.