Sunday, October 22, 2006

Bloggin' state of mind

Finally! 9.5 hours of sleep and a cup of coffee was all it took.

This Sunday will not be all about rest as there are still a few jobs to be done. With only a week left in the season we've got some roof action and other water-proofing jobs to do as well as a tiny bit more of harvest to finish up. So surprised to still be finding squash and cukes in the garden. Dad and I have been talking about getting some lettuce plants in the big greenhouse but that is too much labor for this Sunday.

The world here is turning to so many varied colors. I've got some wonderful pics of the butternut tree by our driveway. A vivid flame of green and yellow as it finishes the turn to autumn. I'll try to get that up here shortly along with some punkin pics I've been promising. Maybe I can even get the black cat to pose for us.

I've always loved this time of year, especially the Halloween celebration itself. What a whacky, wild holiday. Gruesome and macabre though it might be I've always felt it to be a celebration of life in the face of the oncoming darkness. A chance to defy terror and walk in those places humans usually fear to tread. Of course that's easier if you have a jack-o-lantern to protect you.

Mhmmmm, twice baked pizza for breakfast. Hope your day is just as crunchy, chewy and delicious. But don't burn your tongue!

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

Yeah, I like this time of year too. It's the last burst of color before the winter's rest. We are having colder than usual temps this week which speeds up the colors on the trees.