Thursday, December 04, 2008

The tide of life

I thought I'd finally have some time on my hands at the end of the season here, but as often happens event and circumstance are conspiring to keep me shrink-wrapped into a state of absorption.

Dad is going in for gall-bladder surgery tomorrow. That came on sudden like but thank god for sonograms or they wouldn't have been sure what the problem was. I won't go into anymore details, medical stuff makes me queasy.

Saturday will be our last day at the stand, still a few ripe tomatoes and winter squash to get rid of. But that won't be the end of it because conditions have been so dry we're thinking of prepping some ground for winter/early spring crops.

Also, we finally got a good steel roof put on my barn which means I can begin the grueling process of repairing/remodeling that mess. Now that water won't be running in like a stream.

Gotta go, hope everyone finds a little happiness today.

2 comments:

Rae Ann said...

Good luck and quick healing to your dad! The new roof sounds nice. We must be getting all of your rain. Please try to find time to blog some more. Your attitude is missed. :-)

Guy said...

Thanks, Rae. Dad came out of surgery this evening feeling fine and has already eaten a little broth and jello. So far, so good.

Yeah I'm really hoping to find some more time once we're closed. I've left friends just hanging out there with little or no contact too and it bugs me, thank god they are all so understanding.

Glad you are finally "damping up", around here it was leading to a really nice chanterelle mushroom season but that is just about done due to the cold.

Be well.