Thursday, December 20, 2007

Lakota Seccession

I have mixed feeling about this but I'm so pissed-off at my so-called government right now that I've gotta tell the Lakota people "Rock on, you crazy aborigines!" I totally hope you kick DC's butt. DC isn't even representing those citizen that want to be part of their institution anymore.

Interestingly, this is parallel to one of the "ShadowRun" story lines (the books, not the games) I wonder if the authors knew about the '74 proceedings or if they just came up with this?

2 comments:

Rae Ann said...

It is interesting and I had no idea about it. I do think that they shouldn't expect US financial aid, etc, unless they agree to new treaties or something. I'm not sure how that works. I've always felt an affinity to Native Americans, even when I was a very small child.

Guy said...

Update:
Looks like that story was probably bogus, over at newsbusters there's a report that this was some sort of "splinter group" and not an official rep. of the Lakota nation. Go figure.