Thursday, February 15, 2007

A lovely late winter day

Started the day with a hearty breakfast at the Powderhorn Cafe in downtown Grant's Pass, thanks to my fine friend Del for the food and good company. Gave Del a little help with his computer and then made my way home through an assortment of errands for mom.

Got home and slacked for a while, reading etc. while the last few showers passed. Then finally got out and started pruning in the apple trees. That's pretty much all I've gotten done today, what a bum!

Last night I had a few interesting dreams. An ominously rumbling flying saucer covered most of the sky as I rode the lawnmower down the driveway. The funny part was upon awakening I realized that the "flying saucer" looked like the bottom of my dad's 8mm film projector which he had taken off for repairs. Even in my dreams UFOs are fake.

I've been reading Dinesh D'souza's book "The virtue of prosperity" which I have found interesting. Mr. D'souza seems to have the interesting distinction of offending both far left and far right sensibilities. Look him up on the web and you will find fevered attacks upon him from both camps. Sort of delights me; he must be saying many truths if diametrically opposed people dislike him. I find him thoughtful, thorough and insightful. His critics seem to be shallow and closed minded. The truth hurts they say and apparently Mr. D'souza is something of a mental sadist.

Wishing you all a thoughtful and insightful day.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

I'll have to look him up when I have more time. Sounds fun, though he must be pretty tough to be able to take it from both sides. It's hard enough taking it from one side.