Sunday, February 26, 2006

Busy for a sunday.

Got a few hours of pruning in, worked in the little greenhouse. Dad is out tilling.
Thinking of working on some new image manipulation routines. Been reading a book on "magic squares" by Clifford Pickover and it's given me lots of ideas for some new pixel manipulation routines. Gonna have to think on it some more.
No dreams in the last few nights, at least none pleasant enough to report. Scary times on planet earth as the forces of chaos attempt to set their hooks firmly into the crust of our world. The shadows of great and ancient struggles heave across the mindscape of humanity. Here and there a brave soul struggles to keep their little pocket of time afloat. Ravening hoards driven by demons and lured by genies lash at the strugglers. Reason's bright light throws back the screaming masses from time to time as the strugglers seek to put one foot forward after the other time and again. Unbending intent burns from our eyes and from our hearts as we strive to set the world on a course which glimmers faintly like a distant beacon. Will we complete the new pattern in time, or will our bodies fail us so that the hopes of beauty and the wonders of knowledge are lost forever? Will the wrath and anger of that thing from the universe continue to devour our fellow humans or do we still have a chance to triumph against that which calls itself the truth but lives upon the suffering and harrowing of human minds and souls? Prayers were not enough to silence it's hunger and violence only enlarges it's reach. Can the answer be found? Can the jewel return from the depths?

1 comment:

nonzero said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. You're right, I do need some more firsthand experience in the fields before I make such grandiose sounding pronouncements. I was reflecting more upon what I've read in Quinn and was targeting a specific kind of agriculture (totalitarian agriculture). The tool is not the intention, though it definitely can affect the intention. The intention of totalitarian agriculture is quite different from the intention of sustainable farmers, some having a proven track record of thousands of years of balance with their environment.

Today, I was actually looking into organic farming at a Buddhist monastery in CA I visit. I was excited to discover that they're teaching and offering meals and lodging to volunteers. Just sent my friend there an email inquiring for more info.

I'm concerned about the fatal direction our society is headed, and I can see from your posts that you are as well. I'm glad that I'm not alone in my yearning for a new mass consciousness.