Friday, February 03, 2006

Breakfast and a sub-tonal vibration in the base of my skull

Feeling weird this morning. A little ache in the base of my skull, could be air pressure changes from this afternnon's approaching weather front or tension leftover from the week's work. Looking forward to Sunday. Not because of the super-bowl! I just want to sleep in.
Just grabbing a bite to eat before heading back out to prune. Apples and grapes and hacking blackberries. Cut blackberry vines have a delightful rose/apple aroma to them. The vineyard has really started to shape up but I've got a ton of apple pruning left to do.
Really wishing I had time and concentration to do some software work right now. I've got about a dozen ideas for improvements to my image manipulator and another dozen ideas for software projects I'd like to start/finish. But if I want the farming season to turn out really well (who'd ever believe I'd end up making less from my software work than I do from my farming?) I've got to put in extra time now. Besides, I'd really like for the pinot noir grapes to do well enough that I could send some "bodlles uv fine Vine" out to mein freunds.

No comments: