Friday, August 22, 2008

What's the deal?

I'm fascinated with how coincidences and synchronicity are synergized by the internet and blogs in particular.

I can dwell here for a while and write up some casually thrown piece of reflection and if it offends someone, anyone, anywhere in the world, I hear from them the very next day.

But if I have a great idea, one that could solve a lot of problems for a lot of people, or a particularly useful service or product then it's swimming up a mountain when I try to get my message across.

My visitor numbers have dropped to about 65 people a week, so it isn't like I'm having this huge witness field to draw on. Why is there a dichotomy in what sort of data gets amplified and passed on? And what sort of person is selectively searching for the content of my website and then passing that on? Don't they have a life, a job, children to worry about? At least a pet goldfish to feed.

It's really weird.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

I've got a few posts that are the most popular, and they vary widely in content. One is the olive oil ad that has a breadstick shaped exactly like a penis, but then another is the one about Brian Greene and religion. And then there's the Al Gore antichrist one and the whisker biscuit one.