Sunday, September 02, 2007

Labor Weekend

Not Labor DAY weekend, just Labor weekend.

Whew! has it been busy. Traffic is up loads. Lots and lots of new customers. Which of course means many new people who refuse to read the "Please Do NOT Peel the Corn" sign. Dang! that is so irritating, so I'm making a new, bigger sign that just says "DO NOT PEEL THE CORN!" Mom wouldn't let me add "Or Guy might poke you in the eye"

And to top it all off, Sunshine didn't come in this week. Sunshine is what I call this delightful strawberry blond (since I haven't gotten her name yet...) who has been stopping by for a couple years now. She has a smile just like sunshine breaking through the clouds and a personality to match. Even though it was quite hot this week, no Sunshine made it a bit darker.

Dad is over helping his friend Terry with some landscaping and I'm going out shortly to pick cucumbers and grapes for tomorrow. Yes, we'll be open on Labor Day. It is a very busy day for us. Fortunately school starts the following day so that will be a particularly slow Tuesday with which to recover.

Hope you all have a wholesome and invigorating day.

2 comments:

Rae Ann said...

I hope your Sunshine comes back soon! :-)

Guy said...

Hi Rae,
Me too. I was so busy last time she stopped by I couldn't even talk to her, just had to weigh up her tomatoes and smile. She said she'd be back "soon" but that was over a week ago. Oh well, hopefully she is well and happily busy doing things. The are other bright spots in life so I have never been one to pine away for things "perhaps just imagin'd."