Wednesday, January 07, 2009

The tail of an outing

Mom and dad and I went into Grant's Pass yesterday, just to run some errands and get out of the house.

We were having fun until I discovered my wallet had fallen out of my pocket somewhere between Fred Meyer's and Wal-Mart. I was pretty sure I'd had it at Fred Meyer's so I quickly retraced my steps while mom finished checking out at the very busy WalMart.

Went into Fred Meyer's and talked to the lady at the Customer Assistance counter. She asked me my name and when I told her she said "well I didn't pronounce it right then..." Turned out a lady had found it and brought it in. However (!) it wasn't there, they had seen my SOFCU (southern Oregon Federal Credit Union) card and the lady who found it said "Oh! I bank there, I'll just drop it off there on my way by"

With that little reprieve in place and after picking up mom, we went and had lunch with my sister at Dairy Queen on Redwood Highway. What a delightful visit that was.

There are 3 branches of SOFCU in this vicinity, so we went to the nearest one and after considerable wrangling with account numbers and ID the nice young lady, Staci, there found out my wallet was at the north branch. Like I said to her, "You should be able to feel the relief radiating from me." So we went and got my wallet. As I told the manager at Fred Meyer's "Thank God for good Americans" I still don't know who returned it, but I really hope some good stuff comes her way. And I'll be sure to keep my eye open for an opportunity to pay this forward. I'm also gonna sew some velcro into my sweat-pants pockets!

As I always tell mom and dad when they head off for town, "Keep your eye out for beauty" and have a great day.

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Hey uncle
i really enjoyed your blog and i am so glad that there are still kind people out there, in a way that shouldn't surprise me but it does simply because the world we live in today. Who ever that lady was i am sure that great things will come her way. Well you should email me later or something. O and good idea about how to keep your wallet in your pants...

Rae Ann said...

It's reassuring to hear stories like this. Thanks for putting the good word out.

I hope everything is going well there.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful story.