Thursday, December 07, 2006

Foggy, foggy, foggy

Had some fun last night with my laser level and the fog. That is really cool looking, I pointed it down the hill and walked to where it was about a foot above my head. It was a bright red cylinder of sparkly brilliance with neat swirly fog patterns.

Today it is gray, damp and slightly oppressive. I would love this if I didn't have work to do. We will be putting posts in the holes we dug yesterday for the new deer fence around most of our fields here at the old farm.

Later dad or I will get on the roof and clean the chimney so mom and dad can finally have a nice, cozy, warm woodfire in the basement stove. Their house holds heat for a long time once the basement gets warm. Very efficient. Will be nice not having the smell of kerosene in the house anymore.

One more trip into town and I'll have all my Christmas shopping done. If I have some cash left over I'm gonna buy myself enough lan cable to reach the barn so I can blog from my laptop.

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

A cold front is coming through today and the low is expected to be about 14 tonight, which is pretty cold for here though not all that unusual. When you finish you Christmas shopping will you do mine? lol I haven't even started exept for some books for the kids I got at the school book fair last week. I'm a weird woman because I really don't like shopping (most of the time, though it's okay sometimes).