Thursday, December 21, 2006

Cluttered Day

Nice change in the weather here. 45 degrees almost all day let me get some grape and apple tree pruning done. Only a couple hours though, frittered away a lot of the rest of the day on programming, wrapping gifts and reading pointless stuff on the web. This time of year all the tech and science websites are full of dross. Spring, just before graduation and late summer, as the pre-Christmas tech is being rolled out are the best times for reading about new developments. Fall and winter are slim pickin's.

None-the-less, I feel sort of tired. A day full of trivia and bluster can wear a guy out.

Also a little worried about my uncle and his family who live southeast of Denver a ways. Dad spoke with them yesterday and their heating system is all electric. If it gets too cold he can go to his son's house and stay there or he can also just hunker down in his motor-home. My uncle isn't blazing rich but he ain't poor neither. But I really feel sorry for the folks hold up in the Denver airport. A little prayer for them. A great big prayer for all the folk in Darfur and Iraq who have us all trumped for misery.

Hope life and season are treating all the rest of you well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you've been tagged! I hope you don't mind.

Guy said...

Hi Rae Ann,

I've heard of this practice of "tagging" before but have an uncertainty to what it means. Is this like the "game of tag" ? Am I now "IT" ?

Strange and interesting coincidence of the day: I was just reading an article from www.KurzweilAI.net and followed this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folksonomy to a very interesting article which also delineates a form of "tagging" check it out and tell me if I learned something.

When I lived in San Jose, Ca back in my Silicon Valley days, Tagging referred to gang members painting their graffiti signs on overpasses and other highly visible regions to mark their territory.

How time and technology transforms our world!

Have a great day,
Guy