Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Flood on the Rogue River

Looks like tomorrow morning the Rogue River will crest at 24 feet near here. I'm wondering if that will come over the road at the bottom of our hill. No danger here but we might be cut off from civilization until the rains slow. Hopefully I can report tomorrow morning if we don't lose the cable lines and/or power.
Winds have started to pick up. I expect to hear some of the old giants on the hill come crashing down in the night. The sound of that always leaves an eerie feeling in me. As if I'm hearing all the years of that trees life released at once.

No significant news in the nanotech/info sector these days. The holidays and early winter are always slow. Will be expecting a minor cascade of stuff as the senior most student projects come due in late spring. I wonder if all academically trained professionals are imprinted with this habit as it always seems that spring and early summer
is when we see the greatest flowering of breakthroughs and advances.

No comments: