Saturday, August 21, 2010

Rockin' day at the stand

Had one of those top ten awesome closing hours. Was selling watermelon like crazy! All the people coming by were in a super mood, very happy with what they were buying and full of energy. Probably the cool weather and beautiful skies.

Speaking of skies, on the way home there was a huge, glorious rainbow circle broken by bands of virga hanging above our driveway. It made me feel so glad to have been on this earth long enough to see such a thing and to know enough to appreciate its beauty and rareness.

Intending to you that life gives you a moment to love the beauty and wonder surrounding you.

3 comments:

the knitrider said...

Wow that sounds so pretty! Were you ever able to grow any of those rocky ford melons? I quit facebook so I am out of the loop now!

Guy said...

No, I'm sad to say the rocky fords got left out this year but are now placed so that I can't miss them next spring. Greatly disappointed myself with that bit of mishandling.

the knitrider said...

I think I am going to try some melon next year, some little winter squash would be fun as well! This year wasn't so good for the rf melons though, for the record.