Savage Farming

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Rockin' day at the stand

Had one of those top ten awesome closing hours. Was selling watermelon like crazy! All the people coming by were in a super mood, very happy with what they were buying and full of energy. Probably the cool weather and beautiful skies.

Speaking of skies, on the way home there was a huge, glorious rainbow circle broken by bands of virga hanging above our driveway. It made me feel so glad to have been on this earth long enough to see such a thing and to know enough to appreciate its beauty and rareness.

Intending to you that life gives you a moment to love the beauty and wonder surrounding you.

3 Comments:

  • Wow that sounds so pretty! Were you ever able to grow any of those rocky ford melons? I quit facebook so I am out of the loop now!

    By Blogger the knitrider, at 11:46 AM  

  • No, I'm sad to say the rocky fords got left out this year but are now placed so that I can't miss them next spring. Greatly disappointed myself with that bit of mishandling.

    By Blogger Guy, at 9:04 PM  

  • I think I am going to try some melon next year, some little winter squash would be fun as well! This year wasn't so good for the rf melons though, for the record.

    By Blogger the knitrider, at 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home