Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Rainy slow day

With fall firmly holding court we have cut down our open days to Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. So I spent most of the day at the stand waiting for a half dozen people to wonder in. It poured and it rained and it blew and cold was omnipresent. But I got a lot of web page work done so that made the day productive.

We're still harvesting some nice tomatoes from the greenhouse and the yams dad dug a couple weeks back have been selling good. And of course winter squash are a mainstay especially in this weather. Nothing makes the belly happy like some warm baking squash on a cold, rainy day.

I've been reading a book called "The universal history of the destruction of books" which I got from the Jackson county library. Sounds kinda dull but it is actually really interesting. Never realized how many libraries have burned over the centuries. Weird that so many books from so many authors have vanished forever. Gives me a seething curiosity, wondering what was lost.

Hope y'all stay dry and warm and happy.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

That book sounds interesting. It reminds me of a movie I've always liked, The Name of the Rose, with Sean Connery. Came out sometime in the mid-80s. But yeah, the burning of libraries happened a lot and I've also wondered how much wisdom has been destroyed over the years.