Thursday, January 03, 2008

You could be a TV critic too!

Or for that matter so could your pet monkey.

Troy Patterson over at Slate.com holds forth on last night's Leno and Conan return to tv without writers. Considering the content of his column, it's easy to see why the world is getting on fine without any guild writers. I can hardly think of a better example of shallow elitist drivel; really makes me sad that I was too tired from working to stay up and watch Jay and Conan. I bet they were actually pretty good standing on their own two feet again.

Wouldn't it be super if Jay and Conan let some bloggers write for them? I bet they'd be way funnier than tired ol' WGA writers.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

I always thought it was kind of bogus that the big names used writers in the first place.

Generally, I think that any kind of labor unions are obsolete and harmful to progress.