Monday, January 28, 2008

Lovely snow and trespassers


The day started with some lovely snow covered hills for the morning walk. Cold but no wind so a very pleasant and exercise-rich walk.

Spent most of the day cleaning up. The leaky roof in the east wing of my barn knocked loose a little drywall, right into my stash of malathion, what a stink. The afternoon was entertaining but not very profitable as I dug through my numerous boxes of robot parts trying to decide what to throw out and what to keep.

This afternoon I had another confrontation with the mobile-home park kids. They're still imposing on us and endangering themselves by crossing our land. I've explained it repeatedly, that there's dangerous equipment and chemicals on our land but it's just not getting through their federally educated little "minds". So after their last incursion I closed the opening in the fence they've been using with some sturdy barbed-wire. No doubt this isn't the last I'll hear or see of it as the youngest was seen pacing the fence just like a deer or wild turkey will do in contemplating how to get around. That's ok, I've got lots of barbed wire and if worse comes to worse I'll contact the owner of the mobile-home park and lodge a formal complaint.

Hope you have a peaceful and private evening.

2 comments:

Rae Ann said...

The snow is so pretty. That's terrible about the trailer park kids. I hope the barbed wire helps. I enjoy rediscovering the treasures in packed up boxes. I think that's why I'm a packrat (but not too extreme).

hunt1803 said...

Those !$%@^& trailer park kids came down the irrigation ditch easement, through my gate leaving it open so that dogs could get in and my sheep escape, and then I caught them playing on the ice on my neighbor's pond. Talk about a dangerous situation - that one pond is pretty deep. The edges are frozen solid, but out in the middle where it'd deep the ice is a lot thinner. Any luck with the owners at the park? If the kids are back this weekend I'll have to try calling in the sheriff - I don't want someone drowning under the ice.