Monday, April 09, 2007

Dirrizlizlnizzz

No reason for that title, just felt liking being different.

Showery sort of day all day, spent the morning welding and painting equipment then came back to farm#1 to finish putting up some fence gates. We made the mistake of putting out some early plants before the last 3 gates were finished and the deer finally took notice and gobbled a bunch of them down. Fortunately we hadn't put in terribly much yet but it was still really aggravating. The state claims ownership of the animals but won't pay for the damage they do, help me to control them or allow me to shoot them at need. My only option is to bleed off money and time of my own to construct obdurate fences against them.

Tomorrow we'll be testing the new ripper so wish me luck; it's all made from my own welds so no one else to blame if it falls apart.

Have a wonderful evening.

2 comments:

Rae Ann said...

Hope your welding holds up. I'm sure it will. And too bad you can't shoot the deer. Could you do it and and get away with it? Is venison a popular food around there?

Guy said...

The fines for poaching deer start about 3000$ and go up from there. Even harassing them is illegal if I don't get a permit from the department of wildlife (they can kiss my a$$)